Social Media Specialist Job Description
PalliaTech, Inc. is a rapidly expanding, multi-state medical cannabis company dedicated to the needs of its patients. We are looking for a Social Media Specialist who can enhance our brand and build strong online communities through our various social media platforms. Reporting to the head of marketing, the Social Media Specialist will be responsible for developing and administering social media content that is designed to engage users and create a conversation between consumers and the company. The successful candidate will also be required to collect and analyze social media data to develop more effective campaigns.
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop social media strategy and campaigns across a variety of platforms that help to achieve corporate marketing goals
- Develop monthly reports on social media results that will be submitted to the management and executive teams.
- Manage the company’s social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and develop content to engage users.
- Monitor effectiveness of campaigns and develop audience insights.
- Create methods for finding and saving online customer reviews.
- Offer quarterly reports to the management and executive teams that outline any necessary changes to the social media strategy as part of the digital marketing plan.
- Keep on top of trends and developments that can help market our brand.
- Create and manage social media calendar.
- Source and curate content.
- Develop copy that aligns with the brand voice.
- Test, iterate and optimize content and campaigns.
- Monitor news to provide timely and relevant posts.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in social media management.
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Facebook’s and Instagram’s advertising platform is required.
- Experience with Social Media Monitoring platforms such as Hootsuite as well as SEO.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to adapt writing style based on audience.
- Experience managing social media accounts.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to structure your own work.
- Project management skills.
- Flexibility to take on new projects as required.
- Well organized with strong attention to detail.
- Able to work efficiently in teams and as an individual – able to work independently and take initiative, as well as collaboratively with a team.
Palliatech is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We encourage you to apply to the current openings listed by forwarding your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.