Mechanical Engineer Job Description
PalliaTech, Inc. is a rapidly expanding, multi-state medical cannabis company dedicated to the needs of its patients. Wakefield, MA is currently seeking an entry-level Mechanical Engineer to design HVAC systems in building spaces. The ideal candidate will be involved with the designing and developing of all aspects of mechanical HVAC components, equipment, and machinery. Can apply knowledge of engineering principles to design systems. Competent in general engineering processes and procedures (strength of materials, fluids). May be involved in operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical systems. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the HVAC industry.
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and analysis of sheet metal and structural steel equipment.
- Performs engineering design evaluations.
- Creates drawings using SolidWorks and/or Auto Cad.
- Performs engineering calculations.
- Creates Bill of Materials.
- Creates new product design and reviews/enhances existing designs.
- Works with outside vendors.
- Occassional travel to sites in other states to assess equipment, spaces and trouble shoot systems.
- 20% travel is required.
- This position will be in Wakefield, MA.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering + 2-4 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of ASHRAE and FPA preferred.
- Experience in the HVAC industry or in a related area preferred but not required.
- Computer proficiency; Microsoft Office, working knowledge of SolidWorks and/or Auto Cad.
- Basic electrical/controls knowledge desired but not required.
Palliatech is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We encourage you to apply to the current openings listed by forwarding your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.